Dyeing Station is a workstation used to color various items using dyes.
The Dyeing Station does not have an interface. Instead the player must hold the items to be used and press E near the station, similar to using the Starduster.
To dye an item:
- Place the item to be dyed.
- Place the colored dye.
- An in-game preview will appear on the mannequin, showing what the item will look like if that dye is used.
- Options will appear to either pick up the dye again, or apply the dye to the item.
- Picking up the dye removes it from the station, and you can place a different color.
- Applying the dye will consume the dye and color the item, which can then be taken from the station and equipped.
A Water Bucket is required to remove dye from an item. The water bucket is placed on the Dyeing Station together with the item, and is applied the same way as dye.
The following items can be dyed at a Dyeing Station:
- Most Clothing, including clothes that already have color. Applying dye to these clothes will tint them the color of the dye.
- Non-clothing items crafted on a Clothing Workbench, such as Pillows.
- Most animals (full list unknown)
- Most tools, with the exception of Hammers and the Item Shifter
Some items only have certain parts that can be dyed (such as the handle part of a tool), while the rest remains the original color.