Fishing Trap is a placeable item that can be used to passively collect fish normally caught by a basic Fishing Pole.
However it will not collect shellfish. For that, a Shellfish Trap is required.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
They will receive 1x Fishing Trap along with the blueprint to craft one from the Quick Crafting Menu.
Using Traps[edit | edit source]
- Set up a Fishing Trap at the edge of a body of water. It can be placed like any furniture item, but must be in the water to work.
- Place 1x Fish Bait in the trap by holding the bait in the active hotbar slot and activating the "Set Bait" text prompt. An icon of the bait will appear inside the trap.
- Wait for the trap to work. You can do other things meanwhile, since traps can take time.
- When the trap has caught something, the bait icon will be replaced by a stream of bubbles.
- Walk up to the trap and harvest the item.
- Add a new Fish Bait to reset the trap.
Traps can only catch 1 item at a time, and must be re-baited after every harvest.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
The buttons for baiting/harvesting and picking up traps sometimes switch unexpectedly, leading the player to pick up traps instead, which must then be placed again. It is suggested to pause by each trap before baiting/harvesting to make sure the key prompts remain the same.