- An animal must be raised or tamed first in order to mount it. See "Raising Animals".
How To Use a MountEdit
- Remove the adult animal from its habitat.
- Place the animal in the pet slot.
- Two options will appear when your pet is near you:
- "Ride": Press "E" to mount and ride the animal
- "Stay": Press "F" to tell it to stop following you. Your pet will stay exactly where you left it until you press "F" again ("Let's Go" option) or take it out of the pet slot.
- To dismount while riding, press "F".
The following table outlines existing mounts, as well as their requirements and animal types:
|Animal||Appearance(s)||Habitat||Food||Speed Effect||Jump Height|
To tame legendary animals, feed them "Legendary Feed" and lure them to their species' respective habitat (Bunny Habitat, Chicken Coop, Dung Beetle Habitat, or Stable). Only one Legendary Feed is needed to immediately tame a legendary animal.
Unicorns spawn when a rainbow is present in the sky. The other mounts are unlocked with specific achievements, outlined in the table below:
|Animal||Requirement||Spawn Chance||Food To Tame||Speed Effect||Jump Height|
|Big Bunny||Tame 100 Bunnies||5%||↑↑||↑↑↑|
|Big Chicken Kahuna||Raise 100 Chicks||5%||WIP||WIP|
|Legendary Beetle||Tame 100 Dung Beetles||5%||WIP||WIP|
|Big Penguin||Tame 100 Penguins||5%||WIP||WIP|
|Kitsune||Tame 25 regular Foxes||15%||WIP||WIP|
|Legendary Kitsune||Tame 100 regular Foxes||1%||WIP||WIP|
|Unicorn||Rainbow in sky,|
must have unlocked another legendary
|Ghost Cat||Own both Garden Paws and|
Potion Paws on the same platform
Once requirements for a legendary mount are met, there will be a small chance every morning for that mount to spawn somewhere in the world - typically on the outer islands.
- The Unicorn only spawns when there is a rainbow in the sky, but the rainbow has a 1% chance to spawn each morning.
Much like the weather, the chance for a legendary spawn is 're-rolled' at each game load, so you cannot simply reload a save for a day you missed a rainbow or mount. Reloading a day repeatedly until a mount spawns is one option, though that could take a very long time for a 1% chance, and is more likely to be a waste of playing time.
|Alpaca • Baby Alpaca • Baby Goat • Bear • Big Bunny • Big Chicken • Big Penguin • Bunny • Calf • Cat • Chick • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Duck • Duckling • Dung Beetle • Ferret • Foal • Fox • Goat • Hedgehog • Hippo • Horse • Kitsune • Legendary Beetle • Legendary Kitsune • Mallard Duck • Mallard Duckling • Penguin • Pig • Piglet • Sheep • Skunk • Unicorn|
|Animal List • Raising Animals • Habitats • Mounts|