Some animals can be ridden by the player. Depending on the animal, movement speed and jump height is either reduced or increased.
Baby animals must be raised to maturity and wild animals must be tamed before they can be mounted (see "Raising Animals"). Adult animals won as prizes or found in Loot Crates can be mounted right away.
How To Use a Mount
- Remove the adult animal from its habitat.
- Place the animal in the pet slot.
- Two options will appear when your pet is near you:
- "Ride": Press "E" to mount and ride the animal
- "Stay": Press "F" to tell it to stop following you. Your pet will stay exactly where you left it until you press "F" again ("Let's Go" option) or take it out of the pet slot.
- To dismount while riding, press "F".
For controller and Switch button mapping, see User Controls.
The table below outlines existing mounts, as well as their requirements and feed requirements.
With the exception of the piglet, baby forms of animals cannot be mounted.
- ↑ Faster or jumps higher than player
- = Equal speed/jump to player
- ↓ Slower or jumps lower than player
Coloured animals obtained through breeding have the same stats as the default ones.
Legendary animals can be obtained more than once, however the chance for them to spawn must be unlocked by completing certain achievements.
Taming them is instantaneous, but they still need to be led to a habitat to complete the taming process. They require the same habitats as their non-legendary counterparts (Bunny Habitat, Chicken Coop, Dung Beetle Habitat, or Stable).
|Animal||Requirement||Spawn Chance||Food To Tame||Speed Effect||Jump Height|
||Rainbow in sky||1%||↑↑||=|
||Raise 100 Chicks||5%||↑↑||↓|
||Tame 100 Bunnies||5%||↑↑||↑↑↑|
||Tame 100 Dung Beetles||5%|
||Tame 100 Penguins
(Can be won in festival games)
||Tame 100 regular Foxes||1%||↑↑||↑|
||Own both Garden Paws and
Potion Paws on the same platform
Duck Pond Cave
The map below shows the most frequently reported spawn locations:
Rare Mounts can only be obtained once per save file.
|Animal||Requirement||Location||Food To Tame||Speed Effect||Jump Height|
||Comes with purchase of Castle||N/A||N/A||↑↑||↑|
|Complete Fox Sanctuary||Kozita||N/A||↑↑||↑|
||Complete Deer Sanctuary||Kozita||N/A||↑↑||=|
||Complete Bear Sanctuary||Kozita||N/A||↑||=|
||Complete Horse Sanctuary||Kozita||N/A||↑↑ Run
The following animals can only be obtained once the player makes it to Kozita in year 4:
|Animal||Appearance(s)||Habitat||Food to Tame||Speed||Jump Height|
|Dragon||Hatchery, Forest Habitat
- Much like the weather, the chance for a legendary spawn is 're-rolled' at each game load. A legendary found on a particular day will probably not be there if the day is reloaded for any reason. Reloading a day repeatedly until a mount spawns is an option, but that could take a very long time for a 1-5% chance, and is more likely to be a waste of playing time.
- The Unicorn only spawns when there is a rainbow in the sky, but the rainbow has a 1% chance to spawn each morning.
- Unlike other legendaries which despawn the following day, Ghost Cat remains in its cave and must be fed Stardust for 10 consecutive days.
|Animal List • Taming and Raising • Breeding • Feed Trough • Habitats • Mounts • Animal Sanctuary|
|Alpaca • Arctic Fox • Baby Alpaca • Baby Bunny • Baby Cat • Baby Goat • Baby Snowy Owl • Baby Tortoise • Baby Dog • Baby Fox • Bear • Big Bunny • Big Chicken • Big Penguin • Bunny • Calf • Caped Cat • Cat • Chick • Chicken • Chipmunk • Cow • Dark Dragon • Deer • Dog • Duck • Duckling • Dung Beetle • Elephant • Elk • Fall Dragon • Fairy Dragon • Ferret • Foal • Fox • Galaxy Penguin • Ghost Cat • Goat • Grey Ferret • Hedgehog • Hippo • Horse • Kitsune Fox • Lamb • Legendary Beetle • Legendary Kitsune • Legendary Night Fox • Mallard Duck • Mallard Duckling • Mountain Goat • Pegasus • Penguin • Pig • Piglet • Polar Bear • Rainbow Dragon • Sheep • Skeleton Horse • Skunk • Snowy Owl • Snowy Owl Egg • Spring Dragon • Stone Fox • Summer Dragon • Tortoise • Tortoise Egg • Unicorn • Winter Dragon|