Shellfish Trap is an item that can be used to catch shellfish. It requires Shellfish Bait to work.
Shellfish Traps will not be craftable until the following steps are taken:
- Purchase the Fisherman upgrade from the Upgrade Table
- Speak to Robert 3 days later to start the Fishing Trap Questline
- Advance the questline until "Weighing In"
After the blueprint is obtained, it can be crafted in the Quick Crafting Menu.
- Place a Shellfish Trap at the edge of a body of water. It can be placed like any furniture item, but must be in the water to work.
- Hold at least 1x Shellfish Bait in the active hotbar slot (so it shows in the character's hand) and walk up to the trap.
- A "Set Bait" text prompt should appear. Pressing the indicated key will bait the trap, and an icon of the bait will appear inside.
- Wait for the trap to work. You can do other things meanwhile, since traps can take time.
- When the trap has caught something, the bait icon will be replaced by a stream of bubbles.
- Walk up to the trap and harvest the item.
- Add a new Shellfish Bait to reset the trap.
Traps can only catch 1 item at a time, and must be re-baited after every harvest.
Items that can be caught using a shellfish trap:
The buttons for baiting/harvesting and picking up traps sometimes switch unexpectedly, leading the player to pick up traps instead, which must then be placed again. It is suggested to pause by each trap before baiting/harvesting to make sure the key prompts remain the same.
|Utility||Fishing • Fishing Pole • Fishing Bait • Chum • Fishing Trap • Shellfish Trap • Shellfish Bait • Seaweed Poles|
|Fish||Blue Glow Angelfish • Blue Jellyfish • Blue Snapper • Box Pufferfish • Bright Damsel • Candy Basslet • Clown Fish • Electric Tang • Emperor Angelfish • Fish • Gold Dipped Molly • Gold Dust Molly • Gold Fish • Gold Jellyfish • Midnight Tang • Pastel Butterflyfish • Pink Jellyfish • Rainbow Jellyfish • Rainbow Parrot Fish • Red Snapper • Royal Blue Fish • Silver Belly Molly • Silver Jellyfish • Skeleton Fish • Small Fish • Spotted Fish • Striped Dragonet • Yellow Angel Fish|
|Shellfish||Abalone • Clam • Mussel • Oyster • Scallop • Shrimp • Small Crab • Snail|
|Other||Seaweed • Pink Coral • Soggy Paper • Old Bottle • Message in a Bottle • Sand Dollar • Worm|