The Tractor is a vehicle the player can mount and drive around in. It is an item version of the one used in the Summer Festival minigame, but controls are the same.
Getting on and offEdit
Using a Tractor mount is slightly different than using a regular mount. It cannot be 'placed' in the world.
To use a Tractor, it just has to be in the player's active hotbar slot. Mounting is automatic as long as that hotbar slot is active.
To "dismount", simply change to another active hotbar slot..
How To DriveEdit
To start moving, press and hold W. Use A and D to rotate. Holding S backs up the Tractor. The tricky part is how the camera remains static and does not turn with the character the way it usually does.
Known as tank controls, the "forward" direction (i.e. moving "away" from you) changes depending on the direction the Tractor is facing in relation to the camera. Left and right rotate the tractor instead of moving it in those directions.
- When the tractor is facing away from you, W moves it away from you, S moves it toward you.
- When the tractor is facing you, W moves it toward you, S moves it away from you.
- When the tractor is facing right, W moves it right, S moves it left.
- When the tractor is facing left, W moves it left, S moves it right.
- A rotates the tractor counter-clockwise, D rotates the tractor clockwise. This stays the same regardless of which way it is facing.
The A/D rotation is what trips most people up, because visually the left/right directions seem to switch sides. But it helps to remember that they only affect rotation, not movement.
The controls are incredibly awkward to get the hang of, and the tractor moves very slowly. So unless you prefer the challenge, it is more useful as a decoration in a display case than as a mount to get around.